Sunday, May 29, 2011

5 Months

Dear Claire,


Today you are 5 months old. What a ride it's been. You are such a happy baby, smiling at everyone you see and even some people you don't. You're an easy baby for me, content to ride around in the baby carrier and chill out most of the time.




Your two teeth are getting so very big, and next week we are going to start you on solids. I've already bought cereal and some beginning foods.




I can tell you're going to be a blast to be around. You love making faces and clowning around, and I just know you're going to be an outrageous person.




You have started rolling over in earnest. As in, to get places. You're on a mission. You're going to take over the world, and you're going to roll to get there. Which has also pretty much ruined my life, since I can't leave you anywhere anymore. You're not there anymore when I turn back around.



I think you look like your Daddy, but he thinks you look like me. Regardless, you're a beautiful baby, you get attention from everyone everywhere. Strangers stop on the street to get a better look at you. I know I may be biased, but only a little bit.


It's getting warm outside, and we're bracing for the DC humidity. You love to be outside, and we've had some good times hanging out on the deck and in the backyard. We've joined the neighborhood pool this summer, and we're going to have so much fun.


You and your sister are going to be two peas in a pod. It's great watching the two of you together. You watch her do everything, and laugh at everything she does.



And I love you, my baby Bear, my little Claire, with such completeness it's scary. You're still my little nuzzler, my cuddly, giggly, laughing baby, and you always will be.


Love,


Mama

 
Site Meter