Thursday, January 15, 2009

Why I'm not crazy.

I just have to explain this. Because people keep asking why I do certain things the way I do. Because I've always been somewhat neurotic, just a tad OCD, maybe a touch bipolar, but everyone agrees just a bit off.
www.sids.org
www.sids-network.org
and finally, if the making-me-crazy information doesn't make you a believer:
http://badladies.blogspot.com/2009/01/little-beaner-rest-in-peace.html

I do not have a bumper in your crib. I run a humidifier next to your crib every single night. You do not have loose blankets, or stuffed animals, or any toys in your crib. Your jammies fit you exactly- actually, they may be slightly on the small side. I know that there is so much more knowledge than there was when I was a baby, and there will be so much more when you have babies, and I pray that someday somebody, somewhere, finds a cause or a reason or a prevention or something. We do what we know to do. I can't ignore any information that 'may help' because the 'may help' has this exraordinary meaning, where if I did it probably wouldn't matter but if I didn't... the chances of the 'I didn't'... even if it's 0.0001%, is just much too much too great, becuase the consequences are so very dire.
We all do the best we know how, and that's all we can do. And right now, at this moment, this is the best we know, and I'm doing it.
 
Site Meter