Monday, April 13, 2009

Again, and again.

I am not really a mommy-blogger. I don't have ads, I don't have a following, I don't Twitter. I don't even have a Facebook account. As far as I know, the only people who peruse my pictures and read my ramblings are my family and a few friends.
But I read. Every morning, I check my blogroll to see who has updated their page, who has new pictures or new ramblings for me to read. I have a pretty long list of blogs I read, some stay on the list for only a couple months, and others are such long-time favorites that I put links to on my own blogroll. Like Dooce, or Amalah, or Mr. Lady, or Matt, who are all blogosphere royalty with followings in the thousands and published books. Dooce was even on the Today show, where I am sure she met one of my idols, Ann Curry's Stylist. (If anyone knows who this is, please ask her/him to be my friend. And maybe we can go shopping?)


The interconnectedness of this world is amazing. As is the unwavering support that a lot of these writers find there.

This week, the blogosphere suddenly, inexplicably, lost two of our own.
Maddie
Thalon
There are no words that can be expressed to acknowledge them. Please think of their parents in your prayers, for their loss of one so very young, is just not fair.
One so very loved, so wanted, so welcomed, with futures that have been dreamed of, wondered about, planned for, hoped for, forever left unrealized, unfulfilled. But not forgotten. Never, ever forgotten.
March of Dimes, Maddie's Memorial.
 
Site Meter